Hector’s Greyhound Rescue is made up of a dedicated group of volunteers who devote their time to saving and rehoming ex-racing Greyhounds and other sighthounds. As a Registered Charity, we rely totally on the support of volunteers and the kind donations of the public.
Would you like to help Hector’s Greyhound Rescue? There are a number of ways you can help. Continue reading below to find out some of the ways you could get involved.
Never underestimate the importance of offering your services as a volunteer. Without the help of volunteers, Hector’s Greyhound Rescue simply couldn’t rescue and rehome beautiful greyhounds. What could you do to help?
- Help at street collections collecting much-needed funds
- Help at store collections, once again collecting much-needed funding and also sharing the word about Hector’s Greyhound Rescue and our beautiful hounds that need a forever home
- Transporting greyhounds
- Grooming the hounds at the kennels
- Walking the hounds at the kennels and offering human contact and cuddles
- Home checking
- Helping at the Christmas fair
- Helping at our dog shows
- Offering coffee mornings
- Administrative duties
- Any form of income generation ( Charity events/sponsorships etc )
Whatever time you are able to offer to help volunteer will benefit the greyhounds rescued by Hector’s. As a charity, we rely solely upon funds raised and the support of our volunteers.
Could you help by fundraising? Here are some ideas
- A sponsored run/walk
- Bake sale
- Cycle ride
- Coffee morning
Hector’s Greyhound Rescue has even had a volunteer undertake a ‘Wing Walk’ to help raise funds. What a fantastic achievement.
A legacy could be used in a number of ways to support the rescue of greyhounds. A legacy is a lasting way to support Hector’s Greyhound Rescue.
Fostering a Greyhound helps Hector’s Greyhound Rescue in a number of ways.
- It helps the dog in the transition from rescue to a forever home.
- It frees up a kennel so another Greyhound can be rescued
- The foster carer plays a huge part in helping to rehome the dog into its forever home by getting to know what the dog likes, its behaviour, its traits and character. Matching the dog to its new owner.
If you are unable to volunteer but would like to donate in any way, then donating couldn’t be simpler. From £1.00 upwards your donation will help with vet bills, homing costs, kennel fees and much more.
Please get in touch via the "Contact Us" page if you feel you can help in any way. We hold volunteer training sessions to support our volunteers in any kennel work/ fostering/ or hands-on activities.