Hello and welcome to the latest edition of Hector’s times, our quarterly newsletter keeping you up to date with what’s been happening at Hector’s and what exciting things we have coming up for you to be part of.
WE NEED YOU.!
As the Covid crisis continues funds are becoming increasingly difficult to source. All of our annual events have been cancelled until Spring 2021 at the earliest, meaning funds are low and we don’t get to catch up with your beautiful dogs.
Can you hold an online or social distancing event on our behalf, it can be anything you fancy, we really need your help! We are sure you all know Hector’s is managed by a board of just four volunteer trustees and we now need our army of volunteers to step up and help us.
The Hector’s Team x
What’s been happening:
- Our dog show was a huge success, we would like to thank every single on of you for entering we loved seeing the photographs and videos.
- Our auction page continues to offer some fabulous sighthound related gifts, definitely worth a look
- We would like to wish all our hounds rehomed over the past three months all the best in their new homes and hope they have many a happy year on their new sofa’s
- Jock update – thank you so much to everyone who donated to the fund to fix Jock’s broken hock. He is doing well in his new home.
- Our ex coursing hound bear came to Hector’s not in the best condition, he was underweight and had over 40 ticks on his body. We are happy to report that Bear has now gone to his new home and is doing well.
WOW WOW WOW!!!! Where do we start with the thank you’s? So many of you have taken extraordinary steps to help Hector’s. Thank you sooooooo much!
Kerry’s Cycle challenge!
Our hero on two wheels zoomed 100 miles around Lake Vrynwy raising over £1000
Thank you so much!
Thank you to everyone who joined Sabrina on the walk at Sefton Park. The walk had been rearranged from Easter due to Covid, thank you to everyone who took part and to Gillian for organising it. A fabulous £149 raised.
Tracey overcame her fear of height this year and climbed up Cadair Idris raising a fabulous £1043
Hectors walking challenge
Thank you to everyone who took part in Hector’s walking challenge. We raised £190. For those that didn’t get chance to take part, we will be doing it again in the Spring once the weather warms up. Here’s Darcy showing off her medal and certificate
Support Adoption for Pets
Hector’s were lucky enough this year to receive a grant from support adoption for pets. We were absolutely over the moon to hear we were successful and would like to give them our heartfelt thanks and appreciation. So many more dogs will receive the care they need thanks to this fabulous charity. To learn more about them visit www.supportadoptionforpets.co.uk and you can follow them on social media.
lso at Hector’s were extremely lucky to receive a grant from the Mrs D M Frances Hayhurst trust. This money is aiding us with purchasing a new van enabling us to collect me dogs for rescue and carry out vet trips. Thank you so much for your support, its going to make a huge difference to our rescue.
- Stuck to find something to do during these dark nights? Are you in lockdown and a bit bored? We have just launched a word search book, why not entertain yourself and raise a little bit of money for Hector’s.
- We also have available our 2021 calendar ready for you to add all the Hector’s events we have planned for next year.
- We also are selling purple poppies to pay tribute to all the animals who sacrificed their lives during the wars.
All our items are available in our website shop.
What’s coming up at Hector’s
- Hector’s Halloween Extravaganza. Head over to Facebook and look at the categories open for you, your family and your dogs to enter. Rosettes will be given to the winners of each category. All you need to enter is a photograph and a donation to Hector’s. head to https://www.facebook.com/Hectors-Halloween-Extravaganza-108684874293973/
- Christmas raffle – keep an eye out for some fantastic prizes to be won in our Christmas raffle.
- We are soon to launch Hector’s cookbook filled with tasty recipes for your dogs. Keep your eyes peeled for the launch.
- Light up a hounds Christmas. We are launching a Hectors Christmas tree this to bring us all closer together during these difficult times. More news on this coming soon.
It’s with a heavy heart that we have to announce the passing of Freckleton. He had been such a fantastic ambassador for Hector’s raising funds out and about in the community, he will be sorely missed. Fly high big guy.
Christmas Kennel appeal
As I’m sure everyone is aware the effect that the UK Covid lockdown restrictions has had on our rescue this year. All our events have been cancelled, store collections and markets were cancelled, raising funds to pay our bills has been extremely difficult and as we prepare for the post-Christmas rush it’s going to get tougher. We really appreciate all the gifts that our supporters send each year to our dogs at Christmas and this year we are asking, if its not too cheeky, that we do things differently.
Rather than sending treats or paying towards a Christmas dinner we are asking if you would be able to make a cash donation to aid us with our kennel costs, vet bills, heating bills, and all our general overhead costs for rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming our beautiful greyhounds.
Donations can be made by clicking on the red heart on our website.
Are you a people person who is organised and likes to get involved? Hector’s are looking for people to join our current band of merry volunteers.
Maybe you can hold a cake sale, do a sponsored bike ride or sell some crafts. We are open to all ideas.
If you would like to get involved, please get in touch with us via our Contact Form